Friday, March 23, 2007

Yesterdays lecture was for a seminar series for the vet postdocs. The guy who was in charge of the series reminded me that I had been giving a lecture in this series on molecular biology for 16 years or so. I was amazed it had been that long.

Today is a memorial symposium for a colleague who died quite young. That is always shocking to me and forces me to focus on doing the things I want while I can. That includes both work and outside of work. A few years ago I had a close friend and colleague who was my age die suddenly - no warning. He had been looking forward to all the things he was going to be able to do as other aspects of his life were finally being handled. Then poof. One of his mantras had always been what are you waiting for when I would dither over some issue (usually the spending of money in my case).

No comments: