Monday, March 26, 2007

Friday's seminar was one I took for the Department. I showed the flag, filled up the audience, etc. I really did not understand much of it. The speaker was good it was just the topic outside my interest by a mile and presented a very mathematical approach. In high school I thought I was really hot stuff in math because I could do algebra so well. When I got to college and took calculus (3 semesters because of my major) I really struggled. I still break out in a cold sweat when I see differential equations. From the title I knew this would happen but as a faculty member I feel it is important to be as seminars both to support the faculty who invited the person (nothing is worse than a small audience) and show the graduate students that the faculty do come to the seminars so they should also.

No comments: