Monday, March 19, 2007

For all the complaining I do I should point out that I really enjoy what I do and look forward to each Monday! It is the start of a new week and new hope that I have figured things out. This week will be an office week as I again have meetings and am working on this lecture.

Lecturing has really changed. Not that long ago the debate was over how many slides to use and how often to go to the blackboard. I hated slides. It was a pain to get them made and then I would find a mistake and have to get them reshot or go with one I knew had an error. Then the next year I would have to sort through them all and figure out what I had and what I needed. Now we have PowerPoint. I can make all the changes I want and tweak slides until the minute I walk into class. I find that it really helps me get organized. I find that it is much easier for me to get a good flow to the lecture as I can move things around to fit. Anything that makes me more efficient is quite welcome.

No comments: