Thursday, April 5, 2007

I need to learn how not to get so worked up by what goes on at meetings. The one today was an important meeting but a lot of the time was spent with two members arguing over an issue that happened over a year ago. The unfortunate aspect was one member just could not understand how they could be wrong - they were asking for a payment in one form which simply cannot be done but could have been done in another way. They just refuse to believe that they cannot receive the payment in the way they want. Another issue was the look and feel of the web pages. They wanted to have all the faculty have a uniform format. When I brought up that this had lasted only a short while in an earlier incarnation of the Departmental web page they started talking about how primitive it had been (somewhat true since it was created long ago in a more primitive time). I did not bring up the fact that they were the ones to first move away from the agreed upon format.

No comments: